Thursday, August 10, 2017

Busy July, Productive August

I'm based in San Diego, California. July in San Diego is always a busy time of the year. Our Pride Festival and Parade is in July. I live in the Hillcrest neighborhood where all of the Pride events occur. For the last four or five years, I've volunteered with the parade staging. The week after Pride is San Diego Comic-Con, which I always make a point of attending. This was a little disappointing. My experience was that the convention was less well organized than in years past. Staff seemed poorly informed, they did a poorer job with crowd control than they have in the past few years. Other people I spoke to had similar experiences. Hopefully, it was just an aberration.

After my busy few weeks I actually got some work done. I finished the rough draft of a new YA Fantasy novel, currently titled, Home is Where the Art Is. I put the finishing touches on a Middle Grade novel, called The Sea Crows. I was on the fence with regard to shopping it around with publishers and/or agents, or publishing it under my own In A Bind Books. The plan is to submit to a few publishers, large and small, as an unrepresented work to test the water. In the meantime, I completed a piece of flash fiction, Urine Rainbows, that I submitted to a local anthology.

I'll end here; I have to write a synopsis and cover letter for one of my submission packets.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment